UACEG has a rich tradition in providing academic knowledge and has always encouraged the ideas of democracy and academic autonomy. It is the oldest Technical School in Bulgaria. It was founded in 1942 and it offered two study programs – Structural Engineering and Research. In 1951 the State Technical School was transformed into a State Technical University. In 1953 it was divided into several higher education institutions, one of which was the Institute of Civil Engineering. After 1977 the name of the Institute was changed to Higher Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering (HIACE). By the Act of the National Assembly of 21 July 1995, HIACE received the statute of the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy.
The structure of the University is formed by five faculties:
- Structural Engineering,
- Transport Engineering